So long as children are being exploited and don’t dare to report the crimes, Free a Girl won’t give up the fight. Nor will we stop until the perpetrators are punished systematically. In order to bring about lasting change, Free a Girl is therefore working with local project partners to tackle impunity. Our activities include:
- Providing legal support to victims when reporting crimes and during what are often difficult legal processes, so that the perpetrators can be prosecuted;
- Informing survivors and girls in high-risk areas about their rights;
- Boosting the mental resilience and strength of the victims;
- Sharing information about suspects with the police;
- Lobbying and advocacy to improve legislation;
- Training the police and judiciary to investigate and fight child sexual exploitation.